Thursday, February 07, 2008

Parents just over 3 months

Well we have been parents for over 3 months. I can’t say that it has been easy but it hasn’t been too difficult yet either. Overall Mathieu is very quiet. He doesn’t cry too often and he sleeps through the night (sometimes 13 hours) which he has done since Xmas. One of the hardest things for us is to leave him at the Nanny all day. I feel like we are going to miss all his progress by doing this but we both need to work. I find it is nice to have a bit of a break but I also feel that I am missing him during the day. In fact the best part of my day is to go pick him up at the Nanny and to watch his face light up with a big smile when he sees me.

In the last month he has become really talkative and he is trying to grab everything around him. We have been trying to get him to say “hello” in coo language. Val made a video the other night and he said it. It was really cute.

Both of us are dying to show him things. We took him to the zoo the other day and showed him all the animals. Not sure if he really enjoyed it or not but he definitely was staring at them and probably wondering what they are. Anyway I am going to post a few pics to go with this so everyone can see how much he has grown.

No comments: